Sunday, May 07, 2006

A forehead slapper.

"I caught a fish once."

President George W Bush has revealed to a German newspaper his best moment since he took office in 2001. "I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5lb (3.4kg) perch in my lake," he told Bild am Sonntag.

You mean that "perch" that was drugged and thrown into the lake just before you "caught" it? Maybe we should drug Osama bin Laden, so you can catch him, too.

In a more serious moment, he said he understood German opposition to the war in Iraq. "The Germans today simply don't like war... And I can understand that. There is a generation of people whose lives were thrown into complete disarray by a horrible war."

...and unconscionable tax cuts for the rich, out-of-control health care costs, skyrocketing gasoline and heating fuel costs, and the garroting of the middle class...

Oh, wait. He was still talking about Germany?

"MY . . . BRAIN . . . HURTS!"