Saturday, July 01, 2006

Par for the course with BushCo.

I wish I were a partner at a big law firm: I'd hire him in a nanosecond.

Lt. Cmdr. Charles Swift -- the Navy lawyer who beat the president of the United States in a pivotal Supreme Court battle over trying alleged terrorists -- figures he'll probably have to find a new job.

Of course, it's always risky to compare your boss to King George III.
. . .

The 44-year-old Judge Advocate General officer, who was recently named one of the 100 most influential lawyers in the country by The National Law Journal, was passed over for promotion last year as the high-profile case was making headlines around the world.

"I may be one of the most influential lawyers in America," the Seattle University Law School graduate said, "but I won't be in the military much longer. That irony did strike me."


Because if it's one thing that this Administration can't stand, it's competence, dammit!

pissed
AP/Charles Dharapak


full story here.