Friday, September 01, 2006

Cut to: Interior, college lecture hall.

Late summer sunlight streams through the windows, illuminating the figure in the front of the room. Dressed in a dapper blazer, turtleneck and crisply pressed chinos, George Bush, with reading glasses perched on the tip of his nose, stands at the podium, reading from Thomas Pynchon's "Gravity's Rainbow" to a class of Ivy League sophomores. The side door opens, and Andy Card rushes in, grabbing Bush by the arm.

Andy Card (whispering in Bush's ear):

Mr. President, we have a serious problem.

President Bush (in hushed tone):

What is it?

Andy Card:

Terrorists have flown airplanes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. We're under attack! And it's all Clinton's fault!

President Bush slams shut the book, whips off his reading glasses, and turns to the class, defiance and determination blazing in his eyes.

President Bush:

I have to leave for the moment, class. Our country needs me right now. But I'll be back. Come on, Andy, we've got terrorists to catch!

President Bush spins around, revealing a cape with a giant "W" on it. He launches himself off the ground and flies out the nearest window.

Andy Card (emitting a small sigh of contentment):

My hero!

[fade to black]


A friend of mine [Cyrus Nowrasteh] out in California has produced and filmed — I think it’s a two-part mini-series on 9/11 that ABC is going to run in prime-time over two nights, close to or on 9/11. . . . I’ve had a lot of people tell me about it, my friends told me about it . . . . And from what I have been told, the film really zeros in on the shortcomings of the Clinton administration in doing anything about militant Islamofascism or terrorism during its administration. It cites failures of Bill Clinton and Madeleine Albright and Sandy Burglar.

Um, hello? Remember this?

goat

full story here.