Monday, October 16, 2006

"We . . . are . . . family . . .

"I got all my sisters with me!"

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

WASHINGTON -- The head of the Republican Party said Sunday he did not have a former State Department official fired at disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff's request, despite e-mails that reportedly suggest otherwise.

Ken Mehlman, chairman of the Republican National Committee, denied playing a role in the firing of Allen Stayman from his job as a special negotiator while Mehlman was the White House political director.

"It is not true," Mehlman said, when asked about the Sunday Los Angeles Times report on CNN's "Late Edition." "I did not have the authority, as the political director, to fire anybody. It wasn't my decision."


Right, Ken. You're just the office butt boy.

more here.